Structure and Registration Procedures of Offshore Companies
Why the company names I suggested were rejected?
The company names are subject to several restrictions stated in the Seychelles International Business Companies Act. A Seychelles IBC may not be registered under a name that:
- is identical to the name of an existing Seychelles IBC;
- is so similar to the name of an existing Seychelles IBC that the use of the name would, in the opinion of the Registrar, be likely to confuse or mislead;
- suggests or is calculated to suggest, in the opinion of the Registrar, the patronage of or any connection with the Government of Seychelles or the with the government of any other country;
- is, in the opinion of the Registrar, in any way offensive, misleading, objectionable or contrary to public policy or to the public interest;
- includes a prohibited word, phrase or abbreviation: "Bank", "Building Society", "Chamber of Commerce", "Chartered", "Cooperative", "Credit Union", "Government", "Licensing", "Municipal", "Parliament", "Police", "Royal", "Tribunal", "Stock Exchange" or a word or abbreviation conveying a similar meaning. Besides these prohibited words, there is a rather extensive list of words that may be included in the IBC name upon previous written permission from the IBC Registry. Please contact us for more information about them.